Nocturnal Newt

As you can probably tell by the entry times on my posts, I tend to love the night.  I also love a good IPA and writing what's on my mind.  I think I mentioned in a previous entry that I am pursuing investigative journalism in the UFO and paranormal field.  Sure, it's all going to begin as a volunteer effort, but in life, I am attempting to do what I love, and what excites me and gives me happiness... Not just what makes me money.  That's what we have jobs for.  I have submitted my membership application to MUFON, and I'm eagerly awaiting my first E-Journal.  Also, I ordered the Investigator Field Guide.  Maybe one day I will be known for my passion.
Here's a note about the Pharmacy blog:  there are secret links on this website.  You will notice I post new pictures now and then, at random places on my page.  I suggest you study them very closely.  What they contain may take you somewhere you have never been.

The Internet has become such an awesome resource.  It's true, you can't believe or trust everything you find online, but look at the amount of things you can find.  It is incredible.  Almost everything imaginable is on the web somewhere.  From the renaissance of ARPANET to the World Wide Web of Tim Berners-Lee in Switzerland, and the intense advance of technology accelerating into the 1980's, through the 90's, and continuing today... the history of the internet is a blinding blur of fast moving politics and commercial interest, and fast thinking tech geniuses (we call them nerds for short), and it has propelled our lives into a full-on onslaught of information and digital communication.  I remember when phones had just recently been given buttons.  They lost the cords, then went cellular.  They were in a briefcase, or a car.  Then they were big handsets that would double as clubs in case civilization crashed and we went back to being cavemen.  Then they got smaller and smaller, till they fit in the palm of your hand, and even fold up.  Then they got more buttons, more functions, better signals, and more power, and then they got bigger again.  So we have Androids and Iphones.  They even made the Iphone bigger and turned it into an Ipad.  So computers have come full circle to phones, and phones have come full circle back to computers.  In reality, now, they are all one and the same.  It is confusing, and a little frightening when you have watched at least a major portion of all of this unfold.  That's why my generation has sci fi like "The Matrix" and "Terminator" where machines or computers or both actually master their creators.  It is symbolic, and true in it's own right, and in its own way.  Business as we know it, life as we know it today is reliant on the success and function of the machines that drive it, and the electronic systems, networks, programs, applications, and connections that link it all together.  We, as a race, now trade in information.  Real work is the least lucrative endeavor out there; the least noticed, and least attempted.  It's an information age.  From your computer, indeed, from your android phone, you can check your messages, send information world-wide in the form of documents, programs, files, pictures, videos, etc., invest in stocks, shift money in your bank accounts, start a new business, buy dinner, and buy a hundred other things, and still have enough battery power to watch an episode of Dilbert on Netflix, while you are finishing your delivery cuisine.  But you all know this.  You may be reading this on your Ipad right now, or wondering why your 4G service is so spotty today.  If that is the worst thing that you have to deal with today, you should be glad.  Because all this is making SOMEONE very rich.  And it's not EVERYONE... sometimes we must remember the people that work the hardest out there, and struggle the most.  Not everyone is meant for this high-speed information highway of an existence.  Some people are left behind.  Even though we Americans are all super educated, right?  And we're all super-hot rich movie-stars from California with our own companies and stuff, and we're all really environmentally and culturally aware, right?... Still, around 25,000 kids die every day on Earth.  We have billionaires with assets greater than the income of entire impoverished nations.  And they are not concerned about those that are hungry.  I sincerely believe they think that those people don't deserve to live, that those "below" their level are here to serve them, to be their slaves... WHICH WE ARE.  We work for their corporations and companies, trading our lives for a few dollars an hour, and all our work and labor is a drop in the ocean of their empire.  Every gallon of gas burned, every barrel of oil pumped, every frivolous import that increases every expenditure, makes these people more wealthy, and strengthens their empire.  Just like war does.  But let me put war in perspective for you.  For the price of one missile, a school full of hungry children could eat lunch every day for 5 years.

I didn't really intend to go here with this entry, but I am glad I did.  Like I said, maybe one day, I will be known for something good I will have done, for something I am passionate about.  That, after all, is the dream, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment